RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest on the coronavirus pandemic for May 25, 2020:
The Virginia Department of Health reported 37,727 cases of COVID-19 — 35,890 confirmed and 1,837 probable — Monday. The death toll is now at 1,208.
Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association reported 5,145 people with the virus have been released from the hospital. The VDH and VHHA do not report recoveries.
COVID-19 Testing at Patient first today
Patient First will continue to provide COVID-19 testing on Memorial Day at designated centers.
Testing is by appointment only. To make an appointment, call the office you want to visit and press “5” to speak with the front desk.
Here are the clinic’s testing locations in our area:
- Colonial Heights Urgent Care: 1260 Temple Avenue, Colonial Heights
- Genito Urgent Care: 11020 Hull Street Road, Midlothian
- Parham Urgent Care: 2205 N. Parham Road, Richmond
- Mechanicsville Urgent Care: 7238 Mechanicsville Turnpike, Mechanicsville
- Midlothian Urgent Care: 8110 Midlothian Turnpike, Richmond
COVID-19 Testing in Ashland on Thursday
There will be a free COVID-19 testing event this Thursday at the Aslhand Church of God.
This is a walk-up testing event, but there will be parking nearby. People coming for testing need to wear a face mask and practice social distancing. The Chickahominy Health District will be also be offering walk-up registration until 11:15 a.m. or while supplies last.
This event is for adults and children ages 6 and up who meet testing qualifications. To be screened and preregister for the event call CHD’s COVID-19 hotline at 804-365-3340. The hotline is staffed Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. Pre-registration ends at noon on May 27.
The testing event is from 9-11 a.m. May 28, at the Ashland Church of God, 407 Myrtle St.
COVID-19 in Virginia
Here’s a breakdown of cases in our area:
LOCAL COVID-19 CASES TO DATE
- Charles City County: 27 cases, 1 death
- Chesterfield County: 1,200 cases, 30 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 83 cases, 8 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 66 cases, 0 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 88 cases, 2 deaths
- City of Richmond: 1,040 cases, 20 deaths
- Goochland County: 93 cases, 6 deaths
- Hanover County: 275 cases, 19 deaths
- Henrico County: 1,492 cases, 118 deaths
- New Kent County: 29 cases, 1 death
- Powhatan County: 29 cases, 0 deaths
How many people have been tested for and diagnosed with coronavirus in your neighborhood? New data released by the Virginia Department of Health provides some answers to that question.
VDH recently released data that breaks down COVID-19 cases and testing numbers by zip code.