RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest coronavirus update from the Virginia Department of Health for Thursday, February 19:
The Virginia Department of Health is reporting 2,034 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of cases to 559,930.
The state is reporting 7,098 deaths. The positivity rate is at 8.2 percent.
COVID-19 in headlines
Virginia’s pre-registration system opens
Virginians hoping to sign up for the COVID-19 vaccine are now able to through a new statewide pre-registration system that opened Wednesday morning.
CLICK HERE to pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine in Virginia.
According to the Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association, 45,305 COVID-19 patients were discharged from the hospital.
Currently, there are 1,671 patients in the hospital who either have COVID-19 or have pending test results. Of those patients, 329 are in the ICU and 204 are on a ventilator.
VDH is reporting that a total of 1,513,373 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered as of Feb. 19.
Over 12 percent of the people in the state have been vaccinated with at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
A total of 420,574 people have been fully vaccinated in Virginia. According to the most recent Census data, there are 8,535,519 people living in the state.
On average 35,745 COVID-19 vaccine doses are administered every day.
Coronavirus testing near you
- Monday: Feb. 22 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Second Baptist Church, 5100 West Hundred Road.
- Wednesdays: Feb. 24 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. St. Augustine Catholic Church, 4400 Beulah Road.
- Thursday: Feb. 25 – 10 a.m. to noon. Walmsley United Methodist Church, 2950 Walmsley Blvd.
- Thursday: Feb. 25 — 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Second Baptist Church, 3300 Broad Rock Boulevard
COVID-19 at local universities
As of Feb. 18, the college has reported:
- 68 active student cases and 9 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 33 students are in isolation on campus.
- 54 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Feb. 17, here is what the college has reported:
- 20 current active COVID-19 cases
- January 2021 monthly positivity was 3.6 percent
- 9,996 total COVID-19 tests*
*Total COVID tests are the total number of PCR or antigen tests conducted by UR or self-reported by students, faculty and staff.
Local COVID-19 cases in Central Virginia
- Charles City County: 388 cases, 10 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 22,835 cases, 216 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,281 cases, 34 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,013 cases, 23 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 2,961 cases, 39 deaths
- City of Richmond: 14,297 cases, 148 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 1,724 cases, 20 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,189 cases, 8 deaths
- Hanover County: 6,457 cases, 105 deaths
- Henrico County: 20,736 cases, 359 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,199 cases, 7 death
- Powhatan County: 1,610 cases, 7 deaths