Here’s the up to date COVID-19 information for Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2020:
The Virginia Department of Health reports the total COVID-19 cases has risen by 1,145 bringing the total to 94,251. Of the total reported cases 90,728 are confirmed and 3,523 are probable.
The state’s 7-day COVID-19 positivity rate rose from 7.1 to 7.2%. There have been over 1.16 million testing encounters in the commonwealth so far.
Yesterday there were no COVID-19 deaths reported in the commonwealth, today there are 26 new reported deaths. According to the VDH, there have been 2,244 COVID-19-related deaths in the Commonwealth including 2,134 confirmed deaths and 110 deaths probably related to the virus.
The VDH reported that COVID-19 patients make up 1,255 of the 12,706 occupied hospital beds in Virginia.
Free coronavirus testing in the Richmond this week
There will be free testing events throughout the Richmond area this week. Here is when and where they are happening:
- Wednesday, Aug. 5: 5 p.m.- 7 p.m. at Bellwood Maisonettes, 6745 Jefferson Davis Highway
- Thursday, Aug. 7: 9 a.m.- 11 a.m. at Hotchkiss Field Community Center, 701 E. Brookland Park Blvd.
- Saturday, Aug. 8: 9 a.m.- 11 a.m. at First Baptist Church of South Richmond, 6201 Ironbridge Road
The events on Aug. 5 and 8 are for individuals with COVID-19 symptoms and are free for uninsured or under-insured people. Testing will be limited and appointments should be made prior to arriving. Residents who are experiencing symptoms should call the Chesterfield Health Department at 804-318-8207.
The event on the Aug. 8 is for people who have Medicaid or don’t have insurance, who are ages 5 and older and have flu-like symptoms. Pre-registration is highly suggested; to register call 804-205-3501 anytime between 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday. A similar event scheduled for Aug. 4 at Fairfield Middle School was cancelled due to severe storm predictions.
- Charles City County: 83 cases, 5 death
- Chesterfield County: 5,829 cases, 93 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 249 cases, 25 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 386 cases, 7 deaths
- City of Richmond: 4,540 cases, 58 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 371 cases, 11 deaths
- Goochland County: 260 cases, 7 deaths
- Hanover County: 1,241 cases, 36 deaths
- Henrico County: 5,315 cases, 210 deaths
- New Kent County: 181 cases, 2 death
- Powhatan County: 218 cases, 5 deaths