RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest on the coronavirus pandemic for June 5, 2020:
The Virginia Department of Health reported 48,532 cases of COVID-19 — 46,281 confirmed and 2,251 probable — Friday. The death toll is now at 1,453.
Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association reported that nearly 6,400 people with the virus have been released from the hospital. The VDH and VHHA do not report recoveries.
Some parts of Virginia moving into “Phase Two”
Most of the Commonwealth will move forward with Phase Two. Richmond and Northern Virginia will stay in Phase One.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Restaurants can have indoor seating at 50 percent capacity
- Gyms can have indoor classes and workouts at 30 percent capacity
- Pools can open with restrictions
- Entertainment venues like museums and zoos can open with restrictions
- Recreational sports will be allowed but there can be no shared equipment
- Gatherings will be limited to 50 people rather than 10
Governor Northam says you are still safer at home. Teleworking and social distancing are still encouraged. Face masks are required in public indoor places.