RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Department of Health reported 1,126 new cases of coronavirus in the Commonwealth today. The total number of cases is now 123,668 with 118,190 of those being confirmed and 5,478 being probable.
Over the course of the pandemic, 9,741 people have been hospitalized due due to COVID-19. Today there are 222 people in the hospitalized with a positive or pending COVID-19 test in the Central Health District.
There were 11 new deaths reported in the Commonwealth since yesterday, bringing the total to 2,652.
Starting today the Patient First in Carytown will start testing patients for COVID-19. Patients that are at least five years old and are showing symptoms can be tested for the virus.
Testing appointments can be made online. The center said the turnaround time for test results in Virginia is less than 3 days.
COVID-19 Virus Testing is also available at the Patient First centers in Genito, Parham, Mechanicsville, Midlothian, Colonial Heights, and Carytown.
COVID-19 at local universities
As of September 2, the college has reported:
- 91 active student cases and 3 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 31 students are in isolation on campus
- 89 students are in quarantine on campus
As of Aug. 31, here is what the college has reported:
- 9 total cases and 0 active cases of COVID-19.
- The university said there were 25 people who tested positive before arriving on campus
- 0.2 percent testing positivity rate in August.
September free testing events in Chesterfield
The Chesterfield Health Department will be offering another round of free COVID-19 testings. No appointment is necessary, additional testing dates and locations are pending.
The free walk-up testing events will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Faith and Family Center at 7900 Walmsley Blvd. on the following days:
- Tuesday, Sept. 1
- Thursday, Sept. 3
- Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Friday, Sept. 11
Chesterfield Health Department encourages all residents who may be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms as defined by the Virginia Department of Health or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are strongly encouraged to attend the free walk-up testing event.
Local Cases of COVID-19
- Charles City County: 501 cases, 16 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 27,825 cases, 431 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,708 cases, 61 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,593 cases, 75 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,879 cases, 86 deaths
- City of Richmond: 17,011 cases, 266 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 2,126 cases, 44 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,451 cases, 23 deaths
- Hanover County: 8,139 cases, 158 deaths
- Henrico County: 25,367 cases, 612 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,499 cases, 18 deaths
- Powhatan County: 1,911 cases, 17 deaths