RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here’s the latest on the coronavirus pandemic for June 22, 2020:
The Virginia Department of Health reported 58,465 cases of COVID-19 — 55,949 confirmed and 2,516 probable — Monday. The death toll is now at 1,620.
Virginia Hospitals and Healthcare Association reported that 7,663 people with the virus have been released from the hospital. The VDH and VHHA do not report recoveries.
COVID-19 testing in Chesterfield
On Wednesday, the Chesterfield Health Department is holding a walk-up COVID-19 testing. If you have coronavirus symptoms and want to be tested, call the CHD at 804-318-8207.
The testing will take place at the Greenleigh Mobile Home Park at 14006 Stevenhurst Drive.
Free coronavirus testing in Richmond this week
There will be free testing events throughout the city this week. Here is when and where they are happening:
- Tuesday, June 23: 9 a.m.-11 a.m. at Southwood Management Properties, 1400 Southwood Parkway.
- Thursday, June 25: 9 a.m.- 11 a.m. at East Henrico Rec Center, 1440 N Laburnum Ave.
The events are for people who have Medicaid or don’t have insurance, who are ages 5 and older and have flu-like symptoms. Pre-registration is highly suggested; to register call 804-205-3501 anytime between 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
COVID-19 in Virginia
Here’s a breakdown of cases in your area:
- Charles City County: 97 cases, 5 death
- Chesterfield County: 6,796 cases, 100 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 288 cases, 26 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 487 cases, 7 deaths
- City of Richmond: 5,145 cases, 68 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 492 cases, 12 deaths
- Goochland County: 315 cases, 7 deaths
- Hanover County: 1,545 cases, 41 deaths
- Henrico County: 6,058 cases, 227 deaths
- New Kent County: 272 cases, 3 death
- Powhatan County: 289 cases, 5 deaths