RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Virginia saw an increase of more than 1,202 new reported cases of COVID-19.
According to the Virginia Department of Health, 182,392 people have coronavirus — 168,675 confirmed and 13,717 probable. VDH reports there have been 3,655 confirmed coronavirus-related deaths across the state.
This increase has impacted the state’s positivity rate which is at 5.7 percent.
- Wednesday, November 11 — Walmsley UMC, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, November 17 and 24 — Walmsley UMC, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 3 – Friday, November 6 — Chesterfield Fairgrounds at Vietnam Veterans Building, noon to 1 p.m.
- Thursday, November 5, 12, and 19 — Faith and Family Center, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 7, 14, and 21 — Chesterfield Health Department Smith-Wagner Building Multi-Purpose Room, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Fridays, November 13 and 20 — Second Baptist Church, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Mondays, November 16, 23, and 30 — Second Baptist Church, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 11 and 18 — St. Augustine Catholic Church, 11 a.m. to noon
COVID-19 AT LOCAL UNIVERSITIES
As of Oct. 29, the college has reported:
- 8 active student cases and 9 active employee cases of COVID-19.
- 3 students are in isolation on campus.
- 16 students are in quarantine on campus.
As of Oct. 28, here is what the college has reported:
- 35 total cases and 8 active cases of COVID-19.
- The university said the monthly testing positivity rate for September is 1.1%
The university’s dashboard as of Oct. 9 shows that:
- 13 total (students and employees) active cases.
- 1,594 people have recovered from the virus since July.
- Read about one JMU student’s experience with COVID-19 here.
Local cases of COVID-19
Henrico County had the largest increase in our area with 54, newly reported cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours.
- Charles City County: 104 cases, 5 death
- Chesterfield County: 7,302 cases, 120 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 317 cases, 26 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 529 cases, 8 deaths
- City of Richmond: 5,456 cases, 77 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 540 cases, 12 deaths
- Goochland County: 340 cases, 7 deaths
- Hanover County: 1,721 cases, 44 deaths
- Henrico County: 6,526 cases, 240 deaths
- New Kent County: 302 cases, 3 death
- Powhatan County: 324 cases, 5 deaths
- People with weakened immune systems because of illnesses like cancer – or cancer treatments – don’t always get the same level of protection from vaccinations as healthier people.
- The NHL has suspended San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane for 21 games for submitting a fake COVID-19 vaccination card.
- As the controversy surrounding the use of Ivermectin to treat Covid-19 heats up across the nation, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in El Paso will be conducting a pair of clinical trials to test the efficacy of four different drugs.
- A social media group has popped up to help Virginians make sense of conflicting info on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The Virginia Department of Health has a new dashboard that tracks the impact of COVID-19 in children 0 to 17 years of age.
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell has died due to complications from COVID-19, his family said in a statement shared on Facebook on Monday. He was 84.
- Scientists have recently developed a vaccine that could end pandemics caused by diseases that emerge in animals, a new study reveals. In experiments, the vaccine halted five different types of coronaviruses in their tracks — including COVID-19.
- "What the advisers to the FDA felt is that, given the data that they saw, very likely this should have been a two-dose vaccine to begin with," Fauci told ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday.
- Qualifying as fully vaccinated is important because it can be required to travel, attend large events, or get access to indoor businesses.
- COVID-19 update: Booster shots now tracking on VDH dashboard, shows apparent downward trend in positive casesThe most recent statistics from the Virginia Department of Health show a seemingly downward trend in coronavirus cases in both vaccinated and unvaccinated people in the commonwealth.