RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Here are the latest statewide COVID-19 numbers from the Virginia Department of Health for Thursday, August 20.
- Virginia is recording an increase of 863 cases, bringing the total case count to 109,882 The state continues to have a downward trend in coronavirus diagnosis.
- 17 new deaths were reported in the Commonwealth.
- Nearly 9,000 Virginians hospitalized with COVID-19
- The percent positivity rate is at 6.5 — the lowest it has been since July 6.
Upcoming testing locations in our area:
Tuesday, August 25 – Hotchkiss Field Community Center (Richmond)
Address: 701 E. Brookland Park Blvd, Richmond, VA 23222
Time: 4:00 – 6:00 PM
Rain or shine
Thursday, August 27 – Tuckahoe Middle School (Henrico)
Address: 9000 Three Chopt Rd., Richmond, VA 23229
Time: 9:00 -11:00 AM
Rain or shine
To register for testing, call the Richmond & Henrico COVID-19 hotline at 804-205-3501, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Limited walk-up is available.
Richmond’s daily COVID-19 case count decreases, Dr. Avula says
During a press conference Wednesday afternoon, Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney along with Dr. Danny Avula from the Richmond and Henrico Health Districts provided an update on COVID-19 cases in the city.
Dr. Avula said over the last two weeks Richmond had sustained a steady increase of 24 cases a day. However, the city is now averaging 18 new cases per day.
Percent positivity in the city is also decreasing from 8.8 percent this time last week to 6.9 percent over the last few days. Hospitalizations in the central region are also following the same downward trend. Dr. Avula said he questions whether or not this will be sustained.
- Charles City County: 501 cases, 16 deaths
- Chesterfield County: 27,825 cases, 431 deaths
- City of Colonial Heights: 1,708 cases, 61 deaths
- City of Hopewell: 2,593 cases, 75 deaths
- City of Petersburg: 3,879 cases, 86 deaths
- City of Richmond: 17,011 cases, 266 deaths
- Dinwiddie County: 2,126 cases, 44 deaths
- Goochland County: 1,451 cases, 23 deaths
- Hanover County: 8,139 cases, 158 deaths
- Henrico County: 25,367 cases, 612 deaths
- New Kent County: 1,499 cases, 18 deaths
- Powhatan County: 1,911 cases, 17 deaths