RICHMON, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Department of Health reported there are 890 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the state as of Sunday morning.
Here’s the latest on COVID-19 in Virginia:
- 18 new cases of coronavirus at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- VDH confirms a woman in her 60s is the first confirmed case of the coronavirus in Petersburg
- 15 confirmed cases and one death of COVID-19 reported in Crater Health District
- Bump in E-Z Pass sales as social distancing encouraged in Virginia
- Mask-making group aids those responding to pandemic
VDH said a woman in hers 60s the first case of COVID-19 in Petersburg
The Virginia Department of Health confirmed the first coronavirus case in Petersburg is a woman in her 60s.
The department said she did not require hospitalization and is self-quarantining at home. VDH said this is the first case in the city, but the eight in the Crater Health District.
15 confirmed cases and one death of COVID-19 reported in Crater Health District
The VDH said there is now one confirmed case in Greensville County, six in Prince George County, two in the city of Emporia, four in the city of Hopewell and two in the city of Petersburg.
New cases at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
There are 18 new cases of coronavirus at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center as of Saturday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 37.
There have also been two new deaths at the center related to the virus, bringing the number of deaths up to eight.
Trump sent off Norfolk ship giving aid to New York
Yesterday, the USNS Comfort hospital ship set sail for New York Saturday after send-off from President Trump.
“We will stop at nothing to protect the health of New Yorkers and the health of the people of our country in their hour of need,” Trump said.
The ship will provide bed space for non-coronavirus patients. According to the Associated Press, the USNS Comfort has a 1,000-beds, 12 operating rooms as well as radiology suites and a CT scanner. It also has ICU beds, a lab and a pharmacy. WAVY News said more than 1,200 Navy Reserve sailors and volunteers have boarded the ship, including medical personnel and other essential ratings to support the mission.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Aden Park Townhomes says they will take care of rising rubbish following 8News report
- Grief, remembrance marks one-year anniversary of church van crash in Dinwiddie
- 103-year-old woman cracks open a Bud Light to celebrate beating COVID-19
- New York governor issues executive order allowing businesses to deny customers without masks