SOUTHAMPTON, Va. (WRIC) — Deerfield Correctional Center has reported another coronavirus-related inmate death, bringing the facility’s total to 18.
As of Wednesday, Sept. 30, the Southampton-area correctional center houses 68 COVID-stricken inmates. Ten inmates remain hospitalized with the disease.
The Virginia Department of Corrections coronavirus update webpage reports active cases among Deerfield employees and contractors stands at 21.
Since the pandemic began, more than 700 offenders have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Hospital staff gives patient a surprise farewell parade after 3-month battle with COVID-19
- Staff finds meth in Abbeville motel room disguised in Arizona tea cans
- LDH confirms COVID-19 outbreak connected to Louisiana Classic wrestling tournament
- Louisville hands Duke 3rd straight loss 70-65
- Lafayette teen recounts attempt on his life during Grindr date