SOUTHAMPTON, Va. (WRIC) — Deerfield Correctional Center has reported another coronavirus-related inmate death, bringing the facility’s total to 18.
As of Wednesday, Sept. 30, the Southampton-area correctional center houses 68 COVID-stricken inmates. Ten inmates remain hospitalized with the disease.
The Virginia Department of Corrections coronavirus update webpage reports active cases among Deerfield employees and contractors stands at 21.
Since the pandemic began, more than 700 offenders have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Big tech CEOs grilled in Senate hearing
- Hanover school district says 9K Chromebooks have arrived
- StormTracker 8: Weather Aware on Thursday for the remains of Zeta
- Deputies: Body found in ditch in Spotsylvania County
- Parking restrictions around polling places in Richmond on Election Day