(WRIC) — As researchers race to find treatments for COVID-19, doctors are learning more about which drugs will be most effective.
This comes as the World Health Organization announces it is hitting the pause button on studying hydroxychloroquine as a potential COVID-19 treatment. 8News’ morning anchor John Rogers spoke with VCU Infectious Disease Specialist Dr. Gonzalo Bearman about what treatments are working in addition to details about a vaccine.
Readers can watch the full interview in the video player above.
- StormTracker 8: Toasty with PM clouds/storm
- Richmond Education Association calls for ‘virtual return’ ahead of RPS new school year
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy charged with fabricating report of being attacked on roadway
- POLICE: Four charged for killing 17-year-old in Henrico on July 7
- Maintenance worker saves several people after fire damages Richmond apartments