(WRIC) — As researchers race to find treatments for COVID-19, doctors are learning more about which drugs will be most effective.
This comes as the World Health Organization announces it is hitting the pause button on studying hydroxychloroquine as a potential COVID-19 treatment. 8News’ morning anchor John Rogers spoke with VCU Infectious Disease Specialist Dr. Gonzalo Bearman about what treatments are working in addition to details about a vaccine.
Readers can watch the full interview in the video player above.
- StormTracker8: Few Showers overnight; Storms tomorrow
- Shooting suspect accused of killing teen, wounding TikTok star in California theater charged with murder
- Lollapalooza requiring masks at indoor spaces on final 2 days of music festival
- Bear runs into Tennessee restaurant, the meanders along the sidewalk beside visitors
- Michael Che returns to Instagram after sharing ‘tasteless’ Simone Biles jokes on account