POWHATAN COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Powhatan County says it has its first confirmed case of COVID-19.
The Virginia Department of Health alerted Powhatan County health officials of the positive case Wednesday afternoon.
The patient is not hospitalized and currently in self isolation.
County Emergency Management Officials urged citizens to continue to practice social distancing and hand washing.
- I-485 North shut down after 5 killed, 4 injured in tragic crash
- StormTracker 8: Hot and humid 4th
- Coronavirus update: 716 new cases reported statewide on Independence Day
- Shooting in Henrico leaves 1 man in critical condition
- Police remind locals to refrain from celebratory gunfire on July 4