RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — GRTC announced Tuesday that a 19th employee has tested positive for COVID-19.
The organization said the employee has a “public-facing service functions” and is in quarantine. GRTC said it is unaware of any workplace connection to the case.
The announcement said GRTC will continue to host free, on-site COVID-19 testing events for staff.
“On-going and repeated testing remains an important tool to aid in early detection of COVID-19 in the workforce for asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic infections,” the announcement said.
For more updates about GRTC’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, visit their website.
- Los Angeles Dodgers win World Series in 6 games, defeat Tampa Bay Rays, 3-1
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Alabama school’s Facebook page taken over, police have one in custody on unrelated charges