CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) – The Ivy League is canceling its men’s and women’s basketball tournaments because of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
The four-team tournaments were scheduled to be played Friday through Sunday at Lavietes Pavilion in Cambridge. The Ivy League says it will award its automatic NCAA Tournament bids to regular-season champions Princeton women and Yale men.
The league also announced that it will limit spectators at all other sporting events for the rest of the spring season.
- Human rights group says detainees at ICE facilities at risk
- Northam calls for deeper look into racial disparities in virus deaths as Virginia’s data remains incomplete
- Latino workers ‘disproportionally’ hit by COVID-19 layoffs, business closings, leaders say
- Coronavirus response: More help on way for small businesses, lawmakers say
- Cocktails to-go coming this week