CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) – The Ivy League is canceling its men’s and women’s basketball tournaments because of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
The four-team tournaments were scheduled to be played Friday through Sunday at Lavietes Pavilion in Cambridge. The Ivy League says it will award its automatic NCAA Tournament bids to regular-season champions Princeton women and Yale men.
The league also announced that it will limit spectators at all other sporting events for the rest of the spring season.
- StormTracker 8: Clouds linger, warmer week ahead
- Victim identified in Richmond deadly shooting
- Tiger at Bronx Zoo tests positive for COVID-19
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted to hospital with coronavirus
- How Virginia State Park officials are enforcing social distancing guidelines