CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) – The Ivy League is canceling its men’s and women’s basketball tournaments because of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
The four-team tournaments were scheduled to be played Friday through Sunday at Lavietes Pavilion in Cambridge. The Ivy League says it will award its automatic NCAA Tournament bids to regular-season champions Princeton women and Yale men.
The league also announced that it will limit spectators at all other sporting events for the rest of the spring season.
- The Full July Buck Moon happens this weekend + a partial penumbral lunar eclipse!
- Neil Young opposes Trump using his song at Mount Rushmore event
- I-485 North shut down after 5 killed, 4 injured in tragic crash
- StormTracker 8: Hot and humid 4th
- Coronavirus update: 716 new cases reported statewide on Independence Day