TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Police in Texas are investigating a teenager’s claims that she has coronavirus and plans to infect others.
According to Carrollton police, the 18-year-old, later identified as Lorraine Maradiaga, went on social media and said she tested positive for COVID-19 and is “willfully spreading it.”
Police will charge Maradiaga with making a terroristic threat.
“We have no confirmation Maradiaga is actually a threat to public health. We are, however, taking her social media actions very seriously,” police said on Twitter.
Authorities are asking anyone with information regarding her whereabouts to contact (972) 466-3333 or CrimeTips@CityofCarrollton.com.
- VSP: 81-year-old Hanover man killed in motorcycle accident
- Goochland County expands small business grant program
- Henrico Health Dept. investigating cluster of COVID-19 cases at JJ’s Grille music event
- VIDEO: Texas man sprays woman with water during Black Lives Matter argument with neighbor
- Virginia turkey production projected to increase in 2020, despite national decrease