WASHINGTON, D.C. (WRIC) — President Trump approved Governor Ralph Northam’s disaster declaration request today.
That means that the federal government will be able to provide financial assistance to the state and local recovery efforts because of COVID-19.
Virginia can still request more aid at a later date if needed.
- US Marshals recover 35 missing Ohio children
- VCU study shows experimental cancer drug could be a promising COVID-19 treatment
- VCU Medical Center sees surge in opioid overdoses during pandemic
- Nearly 100,000 businesses have permanently closed since March. Yelp says these are the hardest hit shops
- StormTracker 8: Sunny & pleasantly cool