(WDHN) — Publix is working to fill thousands of associate positions to cope with the demand caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a release.
The company plans to hire more employees at its 1,243 stores and nine distribution centers across Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia.
The distribution centers are located in the following cities:
Publix is encouraging anyone who lost their jobs because of the pandemic to apply for the new openings. The company is especially looking for those who worked in the service, manufacturing, warehousing and other industries impacted by the disease.
“We take pride in serving our communities during times of need, and with the unprecedented demand we are experiencing, we’re in need of more associates to help across our operating area,” said Marcy Benton, Publix vice president of human resources. “We’re looking for people who have a desire to serve, are passionate about the food industry, are willing to work hard and ready to build a career at Publix.”
Publix hopes to have these positions filled by March 31. Those who are interested can apply online at www.publix.jobs.
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- Anthem, Feed More to give food to those in need at Richmond event on Tuesday
- Moon bear at Virginia Zoo dies after severe infection