OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Another Utah Jazz player has tested positive for COVID-19, according to a report from ESPN.
On Wednesday night, the Oklahoma City Thunder and Utah Jazz were supposed to go head-to-head at the Chesapeake Energy Arena.
However, the game was postponed shortly before tip-off. Shortly after the postponement, Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert received a presumptive positive result for coronavirus.
Gobert never entered the Peake, and was reportedly at a hotel during the game.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski with ESPN, Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell is another player who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Wojnarowski says players on the team said Gobert “had been careless in the locker room, touching other players and their belongings.”
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies of COVID-19, family says
- StormTracker 8: Muggy tonight, still humid on Monday
- COVID-19 causing nationwide coin shortage
- Man faces criminal charges for riding wild horse on Assateague Island
- ‘I’ve missed it’: Organized sports slowly returning under Phase 3 guidelines