(WRIC) — The University of Virginia has announced that a second employee has tested positive for the COVID-19 disease.
In a post on Twitter Tuesday night, UVA announced that an employee at the university’s Biocomplexity Institute in Arlington tested positive for the coronavirus.
The university adds the patient is recovering at home and remediation efforts are currently underway.
The news comes after UVA announced that they were transitioning to remote learning. The school also says their commencement ceremony will be canceled.
For more information, click here.
- Virginia COVID-19 hospitalizations slightly rise after plateau
- Ghislaine Maxwell wants trial delay, blames prosecutors
- VA Senators Kaine and Warner reintroduce legislation to reduce gun violence
- Chesterfield native Howie DiSavino III to make NASCAR Truck Series debut at Richmond Raceway
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says