(WRIC) — The University of Virginia has announced that a second employee has tested positive for the COVID-19 disease.
In a post on Twitter Tuesday night, UVA announced that an employee at the university’s Biocomplexity Institute in Arlington tested positive for the coronavirus.
The university adds the patient is recovering at home and remediation efforts are currently underway.
The news comes after UVA announced that they were transitioning to remote learning. The school also says their commencement ceremony will be canceled.
For more information, click here.
- Frozen honey: New TikTok trend will likely result in ‘a lot of diarrhea,’ gastroenterologist says
- Three people injured in crash on Wednesday on Warwick Road
- Virginia Union men’s basketball to participate in Chris Paul HBCU Tip-Off
- ‘Mask up or provide documentation’: Several Richmond restaurants to ask for proof of vaccination
- Senate pushes ahead with $1T infrastructure package