WASHINGTON – On Thursday night, U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-LA) was notified that he’d been exposed to an individual with coronavirus.
On Friday morning, Dr. Cassidy was tested for COVID-19, and results came back positive.
Cassidy contacted his physician and is strictly adhering to all CDC recommendations, including quarantining for 14 days and notifying those with whom he may have come into contact.
“I am strictly following the direction of our medical experts and strongly encourage others to do the same,” said Dr. Cassidy.
- Newsfeed Now: Thanksgiving Travel; A Christmas Story comes to Oklahoma
- COVID-19 daily case count average in Chesterfield may trigger virtual learning for students
- StormTracker 8: Dry today; rain for Thanksgiving
- Mother welcomes son just in time for the holidays after surviving tragic explosion
- $100B year propels Elon Musk past Bill Gates to become the world’s second wealthiest person