RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The organizers behind the annual Shamrock the Block event have announced they are postponing until a later date.
Mayor Levar Stoney recommended all large scale events to postpone because of concerns of spreading coronavirus. The future date hasn’t been announced.
Shamrock the Block is the latest large event to postpone. The Church Hill Irish Festival and the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K have also both been postponed.
For more coronavirus coverage, click here.
- Celebrate National Wine Day with red, white and rose
- One year after Markiya Dickson’s death, loved ones arrange community car ride in her honor
- StormTracker 8: Warmer and more humid week on tap; showers to return
- ‘Memorial Day is about acknowledging these lives’: Virginia’s fallen heroes honored virtually
- Three Sheets To The Wind to play drive-in concert at City Stadium in June