(WRIC) — A third Virginia inmate has died of COVID-19. The inmate had been housed at the Sussex II State Prison.
The news came after an inmate at Deerfield Correctional in Southhampton County and the Virginia Correctional Center for Women in Goochland died as a result of the coronavirus.
As of Thursday evening, 496 offenders have tested positive for the coronavirus. Sixty-seven staff members have also been diagnosed with the disease.
- Go grab a plate: Mobile Soul Sunday kicks off Richmond Black Restaurant Experience week
- NY Democratic leadership calls for Cuomo’s resignation
- Half the staff: Confederate flag to fly from smaller pole in Louisa County
- Grammy performers revealed: Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Billie Eilish
- Kochera carries William & Mary over UNC Wilmington in CAA