(WRIC) — A third Virginia inmate has died of COVID-19. The inmate had been housed at the Sussex II State Prison.
The news came after an inmate at Deerfield Correctional in Southhampton County and the Virginia Correctional Center for Women in Goochland died as a result of the coronavirus.
As of Thursday evening, 496 offenders have tested positive for the coronavirus. Sixty-seven staff members have also been diagnosed with the disease.
- StormTracker 8: Mild on Monday; Mid-week 90s
- Owners of an Ohio bakery armed themselves with guns as violent protesters tried to get inside
- Heavy police presence at Saturday night’s protests in Roanoke, businesses close early from threat
- Protesters march in Richmond Sunday night after curfew set by Gov. Northam
- Capitol Square closed until further notice