RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Department of Corrections announced a sixth inmate has died of COVID-19 in state correctional facilities.
According to the VADOC’s announcement, the death was at Buckingham Correctional Center, which is now reporting two offender deaths as a result of the virus. This center also had the fourth inmate death from COVID-19 in the state.
In total, 955 inmates and 85 staff members at state facilities have caught the coronavirus.
- The Lee statue is coming down. Behind the effort to remove the 6-story monument
- Entire Buffalo Police Emergency Response Team resigns in support of suspended officers
- Police: 18-year-old man killed in Henrico County shooting
- Hopewell plans to re-open DMV Select mid-June
- Richmond Kickers may return July 18