(WRIC) — 8News morning anchor John Rogers recently spoke with VCU Infectious Disease Specialist Dr. Gonzalo Bearman about the coronavirus pandemic.
Dr. Bearman weighed in about precautionary measures already in place to stop the spread of the disease. Additionally, the disease specialist spoke on what Virginians can expect in the coming months moving forward.
“It’s very feasible that we could see a second wave of the virus under two scenarios,” Dr. Bearman said when asked if a second wave of the disease is possible. “One, that we loosen social distancing measure too early; that’s one scenario the second scenario would be the virus makes a resurgence in the cold weather in late fall.”
Readers can watch the full interview above. Dr. Bearman will join 8News evening anchors Juan Conde and Constance Jones on Tuesday, May 5, to answer more questions about the pandemic – and what is being done to fight the virus. Questions? Feel free to email us at email@example.com.
- Virginia Tech buys dogs from controversial breeding facility
- Worker picking up recyclables in Chesterfield hit by vehicle
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- Farmville ICE Detention Center needs to give detainees more space to reduce COVID-19 risk, CDC report says
- Vice Presidential Candidate Kamala Harris’ husband makes visit to Richmond