(WRIC) — Saturday morning the Virginia Health Department announced there were 739 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 17 known deaths as a result of the virus.
This is an increase of 135 cases since Friday. There are currently 99 people hospitalized with the virus.
Here’s the latest on COVID-19 in Virginia:
- Everything you need to know about parks closing this weekend
- Fort Lee dental worker tests positive for COVID-19
- 2 residents die at Henrico rehabilitation center struggling with coronavirus outbreak
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
Trump visits USNS Comfort
President Trump will be visiting the USNS Comfort hospital ship which is departing from Virginia to provide aid to New York.
Check back with 8News for more updates.
- Facebook comments made by Hopewell schools employee under investigation
- Sawatzky, Kickers wait for go-ahead to start season
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice
- Virginians opposed to Lee statue removal speak out