RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Sales at Virginia ABC stores are surging as folks rush to stock up on liquor for their quarantines, according to a report from WTOP.
Statewide sales jumped 59% from this week last year. The Richmond/Petersburg region saw the second-highest jump, with sales increasing 64% from this time last year.
Virginia ABC also lets customers purchase liquor online and pick it up in stores. Those sales quadrupled from this time last year.
Virginia ABC is limiting store hours starting Saturday. Stores will only be open from noon-7 p.m.
- Scammers are using COVID-19 relief checks to steal your personal information. Here’s how you can stay protected
- Exclusive Poll: When it comes to virus response, New York prefers Cuomo over Trump
- 3 in 4 hospitals already facing COVID-19, with worst yet to come
- Man builds “lumber jacked gym” after his gym closes due to COVID-19 shutdown
- Man shot to death in Chesterfield, police say