RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — With concerns for Virginians on the rise, 8News decided Monday to host a live special where state health professionals, elected officials and community leaders could answer specific questions from the community about COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
The guests — listed below — spoke with 8News about how the community should approach safety measures, what closures mean for them and how to stay safe amid the pandemic.
- Dr. Danny Avula (Richmond/Henrico Health District)
- Rep. Abigail Spanberger
- Sen. Mark Warner
- Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney
- VA State Superintendent Dr. Lane
- Rep. Donald McEachin
- Dr. Jody Crane (Runs ERs and ICUs)
- Adrian Cole Johnson Henrico schools Director of Family and Community Engagement
- Feedmore CEO Doug Pick (former Capital One Executive in charge of logistics)
- Norm Gold – Market at 25th
For more coronavirus coverage, click here.
- Tracking the Tropics: Storm surge warning issued for Texas, Louisiana coasts ahead of Beta
- Zendaya becomes youngest lead drama actress to win Emmy
- Pressure mounts on GOP senators over filling Ginsburg seat
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home