RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — With concerns for Virginians on the rise, 8News decided Monday to host a live special where state health professionals, elected officials and community leaders could answer specific questions from the community about COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
The guests — listed below — spoke with 8News about how the community should approach safety measures, what closures mean for them and how to stay safe amid the pandemic.
- Dr. Danny Avula (Richmond/Henrico Health District)
- Rep. Abigail Spanberger
- Sen. Mark Warner
- Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney
- VA State Superintendent Dr. Lane
- Rep. Donald McEachin
- Dr. Jody Crane (Runs ERs and ICUs)
- Adrian Cole Johnson Henrico schools Director of Family and Community Engagement
- Feedmore CEO Doug Pick (former Capital One Executive in charge of logistics)
- Norm Gold – Market at 25th
For more coronavirus coverage, click here.
- StormTracker 8: Clouds linger for Memorial Day
- Hanover Fire and EMS replace flags honoring lives lost in the line of duty
- Back to the Track: We’re previewing NASCAR’s longest race, the Coca-Cola 600
- Self-serve salad bars and all-you-can-eat buffets face uncertain future
- Trump’s pitch to voters: Trust me, economy will soar in 2021