CHICAGO (WGN) — Chicago police are searching for the parents of two young girls found alone on the street.
The sisters were found in the city’s South Shore neighborhood around 10:30 p.m. Sunday.
The girls have been identified as 5-year-old Kamariya and 1-year-old Chantel. Police describe Kamariya as being 3-feet, 6 inches tall and 48 pounds, and Chantel as 2-feet tall and 22 pounds.
Their last name is unknown.
The girls were taken to Comer Children’s Hospital for observation. They are reported to be in good condition.
Police have contacted the Department of Children and Family Services.
- City in Kentucky using eminent domain to obtain property where convalescent home stands
- TikTok influencer shares domestic violence survival story
- Migrant moms take solace in children as they brace for Mother’s Day far from home
- Group walking 902 miles for human trafficking awareness stops in Richmond
- Pasquotank sheriff tells deputies involved in Andrew Brown Jr. shooting to temporarily relocate as safety precaution