2 hospitalized after fire in Chester

News

CHESTER, Va. (WRIC) — Two people were taken to an area hospital after a house fire in Chester that broke out at 3 a.m. Saturday.

Heavy fire was visible coming from the back of the home when units arrived on scene in the 15200 block of the Spruce Avenue fire.

The home suffered significant damage, and 3 occupants were displaced.

The cause of the fire was unattended cooking.This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.Never miss another Facebook post from 8NewsFind 8News on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

RVA Responds

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events