RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) —The Virginia Department of Social Services will make emergency benefits available in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The additional benefits will be available to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants on Monday, May 11.
Participants who are not yet receiving the maximum benefit amount qualify.
VDSS will release May benefits on the normally scheduled date.
If you are looking to apply for SNAP benefits click here.
- Border crossing briefly shuts down as asylum-seekers try to enter U.S.
- Asylum-seekers urged to ‘stay in place’ pending new guidance from White House
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- 4-year-old Williston girl watching Kamala Harris being sworn in lights up Facebook
- Former Washington Football Team quarterback signs contract with Steelers