AUSTIN (KXAN) — Music superstar Beyoncé is getting 100 $5,000 checks in formation — to help individuals and families impacted by the current pandemic housing crisis.
The BeyGood Impact Fund previously gave $10,000 grants to over 250 small businesses who were affected due to COVID-19.
Renters nationwide face a critical timeclock, as the federal eviction moratorium is set to expire Dec. 31 — with no plan yet in place to extend it. The Census Bureau estimates 11.3 million households are behind on rent or won’t be able to pay the coming month’s, according to Washington Post.
The online application process will open Jan. 7, with grants dispersed later that month. A second round will open in February, BeyGOOD says.
- How a “danger to the community” was released from jail before a deadly shootout with Chesterfield police
- ‘It’s been humbling’; Virginia National Guard members share experiences ahead of Inauguration Day
- Stripped of committee post after letter to Pence, Virginia GOP delegate says he’s mulling legal action
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- Movement is ‘only just beginning,’ President Trump says in farewell address