RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — One person is dead and three people are injured following a Christmas morning shooting in Shockoe Bottom.
Officers were called to the 1800 block of E. Main Street at approximately 12:49 a.m. for reports of a shooting. When they arrived, they found four adult victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
One victim was pronounced dead at the scene. He was identified as Kenneth I. Lawson, 37, of the 3300 block of 3rd Avenue.
Another victim is suffering from life-threatening injuries. The two other victims are expected to be okay.
Lon Rogers — a Shockoe Bottom resident — spoke with 8News about the uptick in violence in the area.
Rogers said as of lately, the violence is getting out of hand.
“I had a friend that got stabbed five times here in Shockoe,” Rogers said, adding that he has friends who have gotten into fights in the area.
Last night, one of Rogers’ friends was almost struck by a bullet.
“My friend, he was out on the street corner getting some cigarettes,” Rogers said. “He had a bullet zing by his head.”
Rogers told 8News his friend is in shock after the shooting.
Detectives are still searching for information that could lead to an arrest. If you know anything about this incident, call Crime Stoppers.
This story is developing. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Border crossing briefly shuts down as asylum-seekers try to enter U.S.
- Asylum-seekers urged to ‘stay in place’ pending new guidance from White House
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- 4-year-old Williston girl watching Kamala Harris being sworn in lights up Facebook
- Former Washington Football Team quarterback signs contract with Steelers