CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Chesterfield County Police officer was hit by a truck when passing through the intersection Saturday night.
Chesterfield Police told 8News the officer was transported to the hospital with serious injuries and two other people had minor injuries. The officer is expected to be released from the hospital on Monday. Police say he is looking at a significant recovery time.
Chesterfield County Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) crews were all on the scene.
According to Chesterfield Police, the police officer was responding to a call when the officer’s vehicle hit another vehicle at the intersection of Hicks Road and Hull Street Road.
The crash remains under investigation there are no charges at this point.
Stay with 8News for updates on this developing story.
- Student heckled while speaking about grandmother’s COVID death now has reason to celebrate
- Sentencing delayed for third man convicted in killing of Markiya Dickson
- Biden makes pitch to raise taxes on corporations, wealthiest people
- Jen Psaki confirms Nicki Minaj was offered ‘conversation’ with White House doctor, comments on confusion over invite
- Duck visiting all 50 states to raise money for cancer research