RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond City Hall was evacuated Wednesday evening due to a reported water main break.
Richmond Public Schools Superintendent Jason Kamras tweeted shortly after 6 p.m. that the building was being evacuated, thus forcing the school district to cancel its budget work session.
A spokesperson for Richmond Department of Public Works told 8News that the break happened outside the building after someone struck a sprinkler head in the parking deck.
The DPW spokesperson said City Hall will be open as usual Friday.
- McConnell on GOP’s COVID stimulus bill: Some relief is better than none at all
- Second stimulus checks: No relief deal until after election, report suggests
- Louisa man gets 10-year sentence for drugs, guns possession
- Senate Republicans ramp up support for Barrett confirmation ahead of first vote
- Army veteran, former high school athlete coaches perseverance