HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) – A tractor-trailer carrying beer crashed on I-95 causing traffic delays and lane closures Wednesday morning.
Virginia State Police said the crash happened at 3:19 a.m. A trooper on scene said the driver was reaching for something while traveling in the left lane when he struck the guardrail and ran off the left side of the road.
The driver and a passenger were transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
According to the trooper on scene, the driver has been charged with failure to maintain proper control of his vehicle.
The center and left lanes were closed as crews clean up the spillage.
- AG Herring urges online mobile marketplace to halt sales of fake vaccination cards
- A city of protest in 2020, Richmond reacts to Derek Chauvin murder conviction
- AG Herring, Coalition to Stop Gun Violence host virtual roundtable discussion on gun violence prevention
- Governor Northam orders flags flown at half-staff after death of former VP Mondale
- UVA Health establishes new billing policies to help low-income patients