Discarded cigarette leads to Chesterfield house fire

News

CHESTERFIELD, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield fire crews battled a house fire on the 7300 block of Buck Rub Court late Tuesday night.

Officials say heavy fire could be seen from front of the house when they arrived just after 11 p.m.

Crews say the fire started because of a discarded cigarette on the front porch. No one was hurt in the fire.

This is a developing story. Be sure to stay with 8News for updates.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StormTracker 8

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Local Events