RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Police are looking for a person of interest in a homicide that happened in Church Hill last week.
Officers responded to the 1500 block of N. 21st Street for reports of a shooting that came in at 4:23 p.m. Monday, October 21. Police said they found a man, later identified as 26-year-old Tahad K. Bailey from Richmond, suffering from a gunshot wound in the parking lot. He later died at the hospital.
Police say the person of interest — a black male — was driving a blue-colored conversion van with a raised-roof and panoramic windows at the time. Police also believe he was in possession of a Blue Pitbull.
“This area has a tight-knit community of neighbors who have already provided our detectives with information,” Major Crimes Lieutenant Faith Flippo said in a statement. “We ask anyone who has doorbell camera video or other information to call us.”
“We’re hoping this unique combination of the man, the van and the dog will be memorable to someone,” Flippo added.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Major Crimes Detective A. Sleem at (804) 814-7123 or contact Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000 or at www.7801000.com . The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smartphones may also be used. All Crime Stoppers methods are anonymous.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Washington Huddle week 3 with Bruce Rader and Scott Jackson
- Richmond’s eviction problem and what’s being done about it
- House passes bill aimed to bolster federal stockpile of medical equipment for future use
- Condom recycling operation raided in Vietnam