POWHATAN COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A firearm discharged inside a Powhatan residence, sending one person to the hospital.
Deputies say the incident occurred in the 2600 block of Maidens Road.
According to deputies, the victim was taken to a nearby hospital ‘conscious and communicating.’
Powhatan County Sheriff’s Office adds there is no threat to the community.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Highland Springs’ Billy Kemp growing into major role as junior at Virginia
- Town hall held for inmates to voice COVID-19 concerns in jails
- Emiliano Terzaghi scores twice, Richmond Kickers defeat Fort Lauderdale CF, 2-1
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness