EMPORIA, Va. (WRIC) — The Emporia Police Department said they are conducting a homicide investigation after a 14-year-old was shot and killed early Saturday morning.
Police said they responded to the 200 block of Briggs St. at 2:50 a.m. for a reported shooting. Upon arrival they found a 14-year-old boy suffering from a gunshot wound in the back yard.
The Greensville County Volunteer Rescue determined the victim died from the gunshot wounds at the scene.
Detectives said the investigation is still on-going.
Emporia Police say they have obtained a warrant and are investigating a home in regards to the shooting.
Anyone with Information is asked to call the Emporia Police Department at 434-634-2121.
- GOP Senator Lisa Murkowski says she’ll oppose Supreme Court nomination before Election
- Vehicle accident off Midlothian Turnpike blocking traffic
- Chesapeake twins celebrate birthday, end of chemotherapy treatment with parade of cars
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 107th birthday
- Welcome Home Financial Partners