CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 15-year-old has minor injuries after a shooting early Thursday evening in Chesterfield, according to police.
Police told 8News that officers were called to the 10200 block of Ronaldton Road for a shooting around 6:10 p.m. There, officers located a juvenile suffering from a gunshot wound. Police would not say if the injured juvenile was a male or female.
The 15-year-old was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Police say they are not looking for a suspect at this time.
An 8News crew at the scene witnessed officers arrest a female and question another male in reference to the incident.
On Friday, police told 8News that the teen who was shot was actually 15-years-old, not 14.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- California man allegedly caught eating 90-year-old grandmother’s body
- George W. Bush issues statement on ‘brutal suffocation’ of George Floyd: ‘It is time for us to listen’
- COVID-19 has potential to spread during protests, marches, health experts warn
- Two brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020