CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 15-year-old has minor injuries after a shooting early Thursday evening in Chesterfield, according to police.
Police told 8News that officers were called to the 10200 block of Ronaldton Road for a shooting around 6:10 p.m. There, officers located a juvenile suffering from a gunshot wound. Police would not say if the injured juvenile was a male or female.
The 15-year-old was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Police say they are not looking for a suspect at this time.
An 8News crew at the scene witnessed officers arrest a female and question another male in reference to the incident.
On Friday, police told 8News that the teen who was shot was actually 15-years-old, not 14.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Jennifer King still soaking in opportunity with Washington Football Team
- Social media influencer charged in 2016 voter suppression scheme
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years