HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — Two wanted fugitives are behind bars after weeks on the run.
Tijuan Lamar Phillips, 19, and Markel Trevon Smith, 20, were wanted fugitives considered armed and dangerous, police said. Both are now in custody.
The two men were wanted in connection with residential burglary. Both were arrested in Petersburg and taken to Riverside Regional Jail Monday.
“The U.S Marshal’s Regional Fugitive Task Force and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) have again proven to be an extremely valuable partner in locating, apprehending and removing violent fugitives from our streets,” said Criminal Investigation Unit (CIU) Detective Lieutenant Michael Langford.
- 2 dead in Alabama naval aircraft crash
- Chesterfield Police ask for public’s help solving three recent crimes
- A conversation with Bob Good, the Republican vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat
- A conversation with Cameron Webb, the Democrat vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat
- VDH launches dashboard for K-12 schools reporting outbreaks in Virginia