MONTEVALLO, Ala. (WIAT) — Authorities are conducting an investigation after two brothers, a 1-year-old and 3-year-old, were found dead in a vehicle Saturday afternoon.
The Shelby County, Alabama Coroner, Lina Evans, is calling this a “tragic accident.” According to Evans, the brothers were playing outside the family’s home and entered the vehicle in the small town on Montevallo in the heat of the afternoon.
The children were not able to get out of the vehicle and were discovered dead, Evans reports. Family members were looking for the boys but it is not clear how long the children had been unaccounted for, or how long they were in the vehicle.
At this time, the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office is investigating and the two brothers’ bodies have been sent off awaiting an autopsy.
- Democrats cancel Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus
- Gov. Cuomo orders all travelers to New York to get tested for coronavirus
- View with caution: This may be America’s creepiest Halloween display
- Quiz: How well do you know the White House families?
- Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race