PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — According to police, an 18-year-old suspect, the second person linked to a Petersburg woman’s shooting, is in custody.
Isiah Johnson was wanted in connection to a Sept. 8 shooting on Elm Street that left one woman with critical injuries. Ryshwan Newsome, also wanted in connection to the broad daylight shooting, was already taken into custody, police announced Wednesday.
Johnson is being held without bond on reckless handling of a firearm and malicious wounding.
The Petersburg Police Department thanked the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force for their assistance.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- 'Unsolved and without justice': Family of Richmond man shot to death in March asks community for answersThe family of Keandre N. Robinson is asking the community to come forward with information about his shooting death.
- The life of Ricky G. Seldon, a Bryant and Stratton College student, was celebrated at the school's Richmond campus more than two weeks after he was found shot to death in the 100 block of Erich Road.
- A Richmond man has been indicted for murder by a grand jury following the death investigation of his toddler daughter, according to the Richmond Police Department.
- Four people have been charged following unrest in the city last night.
- According to Spotsylvania County deputies, a man's body was discovered in a ditch in the area of Church Pond Road early Wednesday morning.
- WARNING: The following article contains graphic descriptions of physical injuries and neglect. Reader discretion is advised. CARBONDALE TOWNSHIP, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Pennsylvania State Police say a 53-year-old man left dependent on his wife was covered in kitty litter instead of being properly cared for. Police say David Maijala was brought to the Geisinger CMC […]
- The woman conducted 42,000 individual returns throughout the scheme, deputies said.
- JUAREZ, Mexico (Border Report) – The Mexican government says it has arrested six soldiers in connection with the shooting death of a woman who took part in the Sept. 8 citizens’ takeover of a dam in Chihuahua at the height of the recent U.S.-Mexico water conflict.
- Investigators said one of the women held the security guard down while the other one stabbed him repeatedly.
- The Richmond Police Department have arrested a man linked to the homicide that occurred earlier this month on Chamberlayne Avenue.