VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police say three teenagers were seriously injured in a shooting Saturday night near the Lynnhaven Mall.
Officers responded just before 9 p.m. for the incident in the 2700 block of N. Mall Drive in Virginia Beach. Police say the shooting happened between the Lynnhaven Mall Loop and the North Lynnhaven Shopping Center.
The three victims are possibly between the ages of 15-years-old and 17-years-old and have been transported to a local hospital. As of 10:40 p.m., police say the scene is still “very active” and are asking people to avoid the area.
Police also say that the three victims were all found at different locations across the property.
This is the second triple shooting to happen in the area within the past few months. In September, a drive-by shooting was reported near the Lynnhaven Parkway and Avenger Drive intersection by the Lynnhaven Mall. In that incident, police said an infant and one adult suffered from life-threatening injuries. There is no information on their current condition or persons involved.
More Crime Coverage From 8News
- Several high-end grocery stores were robbed in Richmond and Henrico County over the last week.
- Virginia State Police is heading an officer-involved shooting investigation after a deputy was shot four times in Rockingham County.
- EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — U.S. Border Patrol agents found two undocumented immigrants hidden in the trunk of a small car on Saturday at a checkpoint in California, according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection news release.
- Police are looking for Lamar Shermon Hill, 36, who is wanted for the attempted murder of a police officer. Police say Hill is considered armed and dangerous.
- Richmond Police are investigating a shooting that claimed the life of Chae’Meshia Simms, a transgender woman in her 30’s.
- The Trader Joe's in the Stony Point Shopping Center was robbed at gunpoint on Monday, according to the Richmond Police Department.
- The U.S. government now plans to execute the first female inmate in almost six decades just days before President-elect Joe Biden, an opponent of the death penalty, takes office.
- The latest crime statistics show violent crime is on the rise across the country, with murders up dramatically in America’s three largest cities.
- Police in Chesterfield are searching for two suspects accused of robbing the In & Out convenience store Monday night.
- During a period of unrest in the area around the Robert E. Lee monument a woman was arrested for aiming a laser pointer at a police aircraft. The laser point interrupted a pilot's vision twice.