RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond police reported two separate shootings in the 1200 block of Admiral Gravely Boulevard on Sunday. Both shootings had adult male victims that later died in the hospital.
The Richmond Police Department responded to a reported shooting at 12:30 p.m. Once officers arrived to the 1200 block of Admiral Gravely Boulevard they located an adult male with gunshot wounds. The victim was taken to the hospital where he later died.
Later in the day, Richmond police returned to the 1200 block of Admiral Gravely Boulevard to investigate a second shooting. Around 6 p.m. police received several reports of a shooting. At the scene they located an adult male suffering from gunshot wounds. The victim was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries.
The Medical Examiner will determine the cause and manner of death for each of the victims.
Police say they are working to determine if the two shootings are connected.
Anyone with information about either shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000. The P3 Tips Crime Stoppers app for smartphones also may be used. All Crime Stoppers reporting methods are anonymous.
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- 1,200 free coat drive aims to help Stafford County students keep warm
- Hurricane Zeta brings rain to RVA on Thursday and Friday
- Disabled veterans explain tax break amendment on Virginia ballot
- Henrico board members approve emergency changes to four ‘at-risk’ polling locations to protect seniors