PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Police detained an arson suspect Friday believed to be connected to a Petersburg house fire where an officer “was overcome by smoke” and a woman had to be saved.
Jonathan Hardin, a 29-year-old Petersburg man, was arrested Oct. 4 by police for a fire that happened Sept. 29 in the 100 block of S. Sycamore Street.
Hardin is being held without bond, police said.
- Virginia Department of Labor to draft COVID-related workplace regulations
- In a first, Twitter labels President Trump’s tweets with fact-checks
- States volunteer to host RNC as Trump considers moving it from North Carolina
- Dr. Bearman: ‘Hydroxychloroquine is not a game-changer in the treatment of COVID-19’
- Man expected to recover after Chamberlayne Avenue shooting