PETERSBURG, Va. (WRIC) — Police detained an arson suspect Friday believed to be connected to a Petersburg house fire where an officer “was overcome by smoke” and a woman had to be saved.
Jonathan Hardin, a 29-year-old Petersburg man, was arrested Oct. 4 by police for a fire that happened Sept. 29 in the 100 block of S. Sycamore Street.
Hardin is being held without bond, police said.
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Teen missing in 1983 identified as victim of Green River Killer
- Anthem, Feed More to give food to those in need at Richmond event on Tuesday
- Moon bear at Virginia Zoo dies after severe infection