VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — A body found with a gunshot wound in a Virginia motel room has been identified as a teenage girl, authorities said Tuesday.
Virginia Beach police were dispatched to an Econo Lodge around 10:30 p.m. Sunday after a guest reported hearing gunfire and seeing people running from one of the rooms, according to a 911 call obtained by ABC-affiliate WVEC-TV.
Officers found the girl dead with a gunshot wound, news outlets reported, citing police. Investigators said she was the only person inside when they arrived.
Police said they could not release the name of the underage victim.
The investigation remains ongoing.
- City in Kentucky using eminent domain to obtain property where convalescent home stands
- TikTok influencer shares domestic violence survival story
- Migrant moms take solace in children as they brace for Mother’s Day far from home
- Group walking 902 miles for human trafficking awareness stops in Richmond
- Pasquotank sheriff tells deputies involved in Andrew Brown Jr. shooting to temporarily relocate as safety precaution