VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — A body found with a gunshot wound in a Virginia motel room has been identified as a teenage girl, authorities said Tuesday.
Virginia Beach police were dispatched to an Econo Lodge around 10:30 p.m. Sunday after a guest reported hearing gunfire and seeing people running from one of the rooms, according to a 911 call obtained by ABC-affiliate WVEC-TV.
Officers found the girl dead with a gunshot wound, news outlets reported, citing police. Investigators said she was the only person inside when they arrived.
Police said they could not release the name of the underage victim.
The investigation remains ongoing.
- 19 Thanksgiving foods that are not safe for your pets
- ‘It’s kids fundraising for other kids’: Virtual dance marathon to raise money for Children’s Hospital of Richmond
- New research shows road rage behaviors come with pricey penalties
- Misspelled last name has Beach woman waiting for $13K in unemployment benefits
- Restaurants say uptick in Thanksgiving take-out orders are helping make ends meet