STAFFORD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Stafford County Sheriff’s Office announced on Friday that a babysitter has been arrested for the assault of a seven-month old infant.
According to a press release from SCSO, Deputy R. T. Philippsen responded to an apartment in the county for reports of child abuse. Parents called the police after discovering their infant had a red mark on the side of their face following a day with a babysitter. The family’s nanny cam footage shows the babysitter pushing the infant’s head down into the floor of a play pen and forcing a pacifier in the crying infant’s mouth.
After consultation with the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney, a warrant for assault and battery was obtained for the babysitter. The sheriff’s office has identified the babysitter as 36-year-old Lauren Siegel of Stafford.
Siegel was arrested on Sept. 19 and held without bond at the Rappahannock Regional Jail. No other injuries were found on the infant by a pediatrician.
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- Virginia Democrats drop lawsuit challenging Richmond registrar
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Panera adds one of America’s favorite foods to its menu – pizza
- Stimulus checks: Here’s why Pelosi is aiming for a deal right after Election Day