STAFFORD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The Stafford County Sheriff’s Office announced on Friday that a babysitter has been arrested for the assault of a seven-month old infant.
According to a press release from SCSO, Deputy R. T. Philippsen responded to an apartment in the county for reports of child abuse. Parents called the police after discovering their infant had a red mark on the side of their face following a day with a babysitter. The family’s nanny cam footage shows the babysitter pushing the infant’s head down into the floor of a play pen and forcing a pacifier in the crying infant’s mouth.
After consultation with the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney, a warrant for assault and battery was obtained for the babysitter. The sheriff’s office has identified the babysitter as 36-year-old Lauren Siegel of Stafford.
Siegel was arrested on Sept. 19 and held without bond at the Rappahannock Regional Jail. No other injuries were found on the infant by a pediatrician.
- Half of US adults have received at least one COVID-19 shot
- Alma Wahlberg, mother of Mark, Donnie Wahlberg, dies at 78
- Judge lets med student’s free-speech lawsuit move ahead
- VSP: Body found ‘burned beyond recognition’ inside a car in Northampton County
- Chesterfield police request petition of juvenile for bomb threat at Salem Middle