HOPEWELL, Va. (WRIC) — Charges are pending against a juvenile who admitted to firing a ‘starter pistol’ at a skate park in Hopewell on Monday.
Police said they were called to Hopewell Community Center Skate Park, located at 100 East City Point Road, shortly before 3 p.m. for reports of shots fired. When officers arrived, they located a ‘group of juveniles’ who were running away from the skate park.
One of the juveniles admitted to police that they fired a ‘starter pistol.’ Police are now working with juvenile intake on charges.
There were no injuries or property damage reported, police said.
“There is no threat to the Community Center or the community,” police said in a release. “Anyone with information who wishes to remain anonymous may contact the Hopewell Prince George Crimesolvers hotline in Hopewell at (804) 541-2202 or provide their tip using the P3tips mobile app.”
- Stephens leads VMI past Furman 91-90 in OT in SoCon tourney
- Harry, Meghan to delve into tough royal split with Oprah Sunday night
- Etna keeps up its spectacular explosions; ash rains on towns
- Missouri pastor on leave after sexist sermon saying wives should lose weight to look like Melania Trump
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus