CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Chesterfield elementary teacher was arrested last Tuesday for an alleged incident in May involving a child.
Richard F. O’Brien, a 51-year-old from Midlothian, was charged with using “a communications system to facilitate certain offenses involving children,” according to the King and Queen Sheriff’s Office. O’Brien is listed as a 5th grade teacher at Reams Elementary School in Chesterfield.
A spokesperson for Chesterfield schools did not provide any details but said the employee would not return at this time.
“The employee will not return to the school division pending adjudication of the charges,” Chesterfield schools’ spokesperson Shawn Smith wrote in an email to 8News.
O’Brien, who is being held without bail, will be arraigned on Nov. 1. An investigation is ongoing.
Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.
- ‘She did not die from COVID’: Son says cause of mother’s death inaccurate
- Government offices in Prince George closed until March 1
- StormTracker 8: Morning clouds giving way to sun
- Fauci says US will remain WHO member, join global coronavirus vaccine program
- ‘Just move on’: Republicans grapple with post-Trump future